Rimas Veitas, P.E.
In his 30+ year career, Rimas has served as designer, project manager, expert witness and managing principal. Structural engineering is in his blood— Veitas and Veitas Engineers was founded by his family in 1964. In addition to leading this firm and Helical Drilling, Rimas is well-known as an industry leader and innovator.
It was Rimas’ drive that first brought the Girder-Slab® System technology to New England, and he has been a key player in the evolution of ground improvement across the region. From large-scale wood-framed multifamily housing developers to high-tech manufacturers like EMC, clients rely on Rimas’ expertise with structured systems of wood, concrete and steel, and his instinct for innovations that save time and money.
Prior to Veitas and Veitas, he was involved in a number of high-profile projects, including Boston’s World Trade Center and the Hynes Convention Center.
In his off-hours, Rimas can be found on the ski slopes, the golf course or on Cape Cod, trolling for tuna. He resides on Boston’s South Shore with his wife. They recently became grandparents.
- Pushing Wood Framing to Higher Heights
- Structural Challenges for Retail Buildings, New England Real Estate Journal
- Foundation Design, Structure Magazine
- Northeastern University, BSCE
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Graduate Studies
Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, Florida, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and Virginia.
- National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying
- American Concrete Institute
- American Institute of Steel Construction
- Post-Tensioning Institute
- Boston Society of Civil Engineers
- Boston Association of Structural Engineers
- American Lithuanian Engineers and Architects Association
- National Council of Structural Engineers Associations, Special Inspections Committee